ELA Standards, Musescore, and My Newsletter

I feel as though there aren't really any of the ELA standards that I am unprepared to teach in my classroom. My knowledge of technology is expansive and if there is something I do not know, I know how to use technology to get answers on how to finish any tasks. With this said, I feel like many of these standards are unnecessary and there isn't one that is more important. I would probably say that SL. 2 "Integrate and Evaluate" is the most important because it is important to take the information we see on a daily basis and evaluate what is truth and what is convoluted details. This would be the standard that I am most prepared to teach because I tend to look at technology from as many different angles as I can so then when I take in information, I am just taking in what is fact.

 I love using Musescore with my students. This is a musical scoring application that is free and fairly easy to use. I would have to address the ideas of plagiarism and  copyright very early on so that my students don't copy what they may hear on the radio or what their friend may be writing. This would be the most important ideas although there would also be the issue of unequal opportunity to technology which could be addressed by the school. I could have the students go to a computer lab so it will be an even playing field. I would probably be working with late elementary students to middle school aged students so I feel as though that the application will be very helpful to them. This would not be an issue for the students.

Something I learned from the newsletter design is that shading a section can be done many different ways. I did not like the random tack on of the permission slip because it almost seems non-sequitur to the actual assignment and felt like just a random add on to the original assignment. I'd prefer if they were separate assignments. I would improve my setting next time by using the column method more. I would use the general idea by thinking of doing everything in different ways. There is no one way to do something. This will help me by allowing me to determine which way is easier and will do what I want it to do.

Comments

Popular Posts