Twitter, Web Page Design, & Diigo

I've had a fairly neutral experience with Twitter thus far; I do not love it but do not hate it. The act of tweeting in a more professional atmosphere is kind of odd but I do not dislike it. I will admit that it is annoying trying to come up with a tweet and stay engaged in social media because often times I prefer to just be in the moment than on my phone but I do see the usefulness of it. I am able to connect with NAfMe (National Association for Music Educators) as well as ASTA (American String Teacher Association) on there but I feel that it is somewhat contrived at times. I prefer the naturalness of social media rather than the constant thought of "I need to tweet something to stay connected to everyone." This is a big issue I have been running into on Twitter.

I am very proud of my web page design though! It is very clean and organized and I feel like I would actually use it in the future over something like Canvas because it will keep assignments organized. It will also allow me to link interactive worksheets and write a list of spots of music that I want the students to work on without having to upload a file or anything too complicated. I feel as though this is a simpler alternative to Canvas or Blackboard. I also had a lot of fun posting pictures of my "students" and I feel like this will be something parents will really enjoy because they will feel included in the classroom.
My Web Page can be found at: http://shsorchestramrcamacho.weebly.com


Diigo is something that I feel as though I may not love but it is helpful. I feel as though there are better alternatives to the application that do all the same things and more. I also do not like that I have to login into the website every time I want to see what I saved. This may be an issue that I only run into while in class but I can see this being very frustrating when trying to write a paper. I would prefer my sources just right there instead of having to go onto a separate website. Overall, I feel as though it is just a glorified bookmarker that you can add notes.

Comments

  1. I understand your struggle with twitter and it is common that people don't like some certain technologies. I will say it is the design of the twitter activity is a bit too open so that some of students, like you, may find it hard to follow. Maybe a more focused twitter discussion will be better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts