School websites and the Technology Sandbox

Most of the information that I see publicly is the teacher's contact information, the calendar, and extra resources to further the student's learning. There is also a short welcome greeting. The website is quite clean and organized with links to any important assignments. The target student is a high school biology student and the school is Wasson High School.
https://sites.google.com/site/mrsbonesbiologysite/home
I feel as though I will use websites and technology to organize my class in a simple and navigable way for my students. This would also make it a lot easier for my students when there is a substitute teacher. This will really allow the students to know exactly what to do and encourage independent learning. I will also also have a gradebook online that would organize the students' grades and output them into the system for the students to see.

The technology in the Tech Sandbox would be fairly easy to use in a classroom setting. I would love to have a smart board such that I can display music for the students and have them interact with the file. I can also write random rhythms on the board to have students play and sightread. I would love to have the students play games on the smart board as well. I could project a piano on the screen and have the students play on it for the class.

Comments

  1. It is late but I am glad to see your reflection. Agree that Smart board will be a good fit in music classrooms (accessibility and sustainability).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts